This privacy notice is applicable to visitors of the JustPeace Labs website or the below related services that may provide personal data to JustPeace Labs.
This website is owned and operated by JustPeace Labs (or “us” or “we”). JustPeace Labs takes your privacy seriously and is committed to handling your personal data in a fair and secure manner. Below we describe the personal data we collect and our use of that personal data.
This privacy notice applies to all personal data collected and used by us when you attend a training, apply for a pro bono support, receive any other type of support from us (“Services”), or when you visit our website.
Who we are
Our website address is: http://justpeacelabs.org
JustPeace Labs is a non-profit organization whose mission is to support peace and human rights protections using the power of technology. In support of that work, JustPeace Labs may collect and use your personal data through your use of our Services or visits to the website.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
The personal data we collect from the website or our Services may include the following:
Personal data you provide to us:
- Your contact details – your name and your email address.
- Other data you share with us intentionally via email or other methods.
- When you make a donation on our website – your name, email address, credit card information, address, and phone number. We use this information to process your donations, to keep you updated on your donations, and to personalize your website experience.
- Other information you provide to us, either voluntarily or upon request.
Third-party cookies and pixels:
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
What we do with your personal data
JustPeace Labs collects and uses your personal data on a lawful basis for the purposes described in this policy. “Personal data we collect” may be used to maintain appropriate business records, to comply with lawful requests by public authorities, and to comply with applicable laws and regulations in response to required legal obligations.
JustPeace Labs may use your email address for information purposes if you sign up for our newsletter. This includes informing you of new initiatives or new content on our website according to your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time. In order to do so, see the “Your rights” section below.
We retain your personal data as long as required to satisfy the collection purpose unless a longer period is necessary to comply with any legal obligation or to defend a legal claim.
Social media and other websites
Our website may contain links to third-party websites (for example, Twitter and Facebook). Following these links will take you off our website. While these third-party website links are selected with care, JustPeace Labs cannot accept liability for the use of your personal data by these organizations. For more information, please consult the privacy statements for whichever websites you visit.
Disclosure and transfer of personal data
For the purposes described in this privacy notice, we may share your personal data on a need-to-know basis with JustPeace Labs colleagues within JustPeace Labs. Information about our users (including personal data), might also be disclosed as part of any merger, sale, transfer of JustPeace Labs’ assets, acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar event.
JustPeace Labs does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 16, and does not knowingly allow such persons to donate. The services, purpose, and utility of this website, as well as its content, are not directed at children under the age of 16. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com for that information’s removal.
We will take steps in accordance with applicable law to keep your personal data accurate, complete, and up-to-date. You are entitled to have any inadequate, incomplete, or incorrect personal data rectified. You also have the right to request access to your personal data, to obtain a copy of it, request additional information about the processing, and to request the erasure of personal data we hold about you.
In addition to the above, the following rights may apply to European residents:
- The right to restriction: you have the right to restrict processing of your personal data (for example, when we no longer need your personal data in connection with the initial purpose for collection, but it is required by you for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims);
- The right to object: you have the right to object to that processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests. Upon your request, we will cease processing your personal data unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the continuation of the processing which override your interests, rights, and freedoms; or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of our legal claims;
- The right to withdraw consent: in cases where we rely on your consent for using your personal data, you can withdraw such consent at any time by contacting us; you may also use the unsubscribe button provided in every newsletter we send;
- The right to erasure (or the “right to be forgotten”): under certain circumstances, you have the right to have your personal data erased by JustPeace Labs.
- The right to data portability: under certain circumstances, you have the right to have your personal data transmitted to another data controller in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format;
- The right to lodge a complaint: if you have a complaint about how we process your personal data, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory data protection authority.
For further information regarding your rights or to exercise any of your rights, please contact us through the details provided below.
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data or this Privacy Notice, please contact JustPeace Labs via email@example.com.
Comments are closed.